Thursday, June 19, 2008

Kaden's Room

Well, I finally finished Kaden's room. I have been very anxious to get the kids rooms done because the standard flat, white paint the builder uses doesn't do well with kids to say the least! I wanted to let Kaden help choose how to decorate his room. He wanted his favorite color, green, and soccer. So when I found green, black, and white soccer decorations in the dollar bins at Target - I was excited. I got a clock, a little coat rack, a nightlight, a couple pillows, and a wall hanging. Of course it's all pretty cheap. But lets be honest - how long will anything last in my kids rooms? Anyway - we painted the walls green and tan with a white stripe.



Kaden got to help a little and he was thrilled. I was very nervous when I saw how bright this green was! But it turned out way better than I expected. I'm really happy with it. Here's the end result:



Notice the soccer fan - it's just a black fan with a soccer light. I figured that would be easy to change out if and when we change the theme of his room. We had the fan all of a week maybe and one of the kids threw a toy into it from the top bunk - notice the top bunk is now missing!

I am going to make new bedding to match - but haven't gotten around to it yet. So my old volleyball blanket will do in the meantime. Other than that - the room is done! I am taking a break from painting for awhile - I'm sick of it!




3 comments:

Teri said...

ohhh I am so excited. I absolutely love it! So cute...so Kaden.

Steve and Sarah said...

I love it. good job with the colors. Nothing is better then making something cute and it being cheap too!

Jennie Gee said...

It looks great. You always do such a great job painting. Way to go!