In church today, one of the teachers mentioned being grateful and trying to remember more often all that we have been given. Since I am using this blog partially as a journal - I want to record everything that I am grateful for.
1. My husband. He really is good to us. He is such a hard worker and a good provider. He is a great dad and gives our kids so many things that I can't. I'm grateful to have the priesthood in our home. He is so good to me and helps so much around the house. He is fun to be around and is always making us laugh (I have a great example of this that I will post later). I love hanging out with him - he really is my best friend!
2. My kids. I feel so blessed that I have 3 beautiful - and that they are healthy. Kaden is so full of life and has such a dynamic personality. He has a great imagination and a great sense of humor. Bailey is such a sweetheart and so easy to be around. She is thoughtful of others and very caring. Lexie is such a sweet baby - I just love her. I am anxious to see her little personality come out more and more. Her sweet smile and giggle (she just giggled this week!) brighten my day every single day. I am glad to be their mom and I try to remind myself of that on those frustrating and challenging days.
3. The gospel. I was just reminded again today in church how really luck I am to live in this time and to have the gospel in my life. I am grateful to live in a place where the gospel is strong. I'm grateful for great primary and nursery teachers that help teach my kids the gospel. They love learning about it and I need to be a little better and more consistent at teaching them scripture stories and gospel principles. I'm just so grateful for the gospel and all the knowledge it gives to me - it has always been in my life and I really can't imagine my life without it. It gives life and everything we do a purpose!
4. Family. Matt and I both have really great families. As my kids get older I am more and more grateful that our parents worked so hard and were such great examples of how to raise kids. We are both very grateful for our parents - they are always helping us and supporting us even though we are married and on our own. I am also grateful for siblings and extended family. We have so much fun with family and have a great support system! I'm grateful most of our family lives nearby (within a couple hours) and that we get to see them often.
5. The Temple. I am thankful we live relatively close to a temple and have two more coming to the phx area. Although we haven't been as often as I'd like (kinda hard with a new baby), I love going to the temple - with either side of the family and especially by ourselves. I can feel the power of the temple in my life so strong every time I go!
6. Careers. I am thankful that I get to stay home with my kids and that Matt supports me in that. I know not everyone has the option to stay home and I am grateful that I have that blessing. I worked for a short time after Kaden was born and was so glad when I was able to quit. I remind myself of that also when I am having a rough day of raising children! I am also grateful for Matt's career. He loves being in law enforcement. It definitely has negative aspects to it, but I'm trying not to dwell on those and remember the positive. We went through enough years of him hating his job - that we are both very thankful that he found a career he loves!
7. Our home. I am grateful that we have a nice, comfortable home. I am always thinking about all the people in the world who go without so much. I feel extremely blessed to have a nice home, and good vehicle with all of our modern conveniences. There are lots of things we take for granted that make our lives so comfortable - running water, toilets, electricity, microwaves, washing machines, computers, showers, ovens - you get the idea. I often think of pioneer women and how hard it much have been to take care of children with what little they had. Although I know we could live without them if we had to, I am grateful for all of our material blessing that make our life so comfortable.
8. Friends. I am grateful for old friends and new ones. We really have been blessed with great friends here in Maricopa. We have some friends that we have known for almost 6 years now and that have really become almost like family. I feel lucky to have so many people I could call and I know they will be there to support us. I have gotten together with a few friends lately that I hadn't seen in awhile and it was so fun. With each one - it was like no time had passed at all. Even though we may not talk often - I feel like we will always be friends!
There are many, many other things I am thankful for. But those are the major points. Looking over this list reminds me of how truly blessed I am. It's a reminder to me that Heavenly Father has so many things he wants to bless me with - if I will work a little harder to live a little better.
No comments:
Post a Comment