Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Laughs and Kisses

Kaden has been full of funny phrases lately - he definitely keeps us laughing and keeps us on our toes. Here are some of the funny things he said today:

He often starts telling a story or describing something and gets frustrated when I don't know what he is talking about. I tell him I have no idea what he is talking about and he usually replies "Awwwww, come on!" or his newest is "you're killin me!"

Several times today I did something he didn't approve of (like walking out of the door before him, or something equally unimportant) and he, very sarcastically, tells me "Nice, Mom." And rolls his eyes at me. Great, I've already got a teenager on my hands. I really can't imagine where he gets all his sarcasm from :) !

Another time today Matt and I were talking and Kaden tried to interrupt. We ignored him for a few seconds to finish our conversation. All the sudden he yells (in the middle of the mall) "Are you blind?!!! Are your ears blind?!!!! You're not listening!!!!" By that time, he definitely had our attention and several others' too.

Kaden asked Matt to do something for him (I don't remember what - like open a door or something) and Matt did it. Kaden promptly turns around and tells him (in the high pitched sing-song tone you use with babies) "Good listener, Dad!" It was hilarious.

-----------------------------------
On a totally unrelated and random note. I just got thinking today how much I love that a kiss from mom (or dad) can heal just about any wound - physical or emotional. I love that all they need is a little kiss and they are instantly better. I am already dreading when my kids get older and I have to watch them suffer through things and let them do it on their own - trying to help the best I can. Obviously, as a parent you don't watch your kids to suffer or hurt. But I know we can't fix their problems for them. Anyway - I am trying to relish in this short phase where my kiss can heal all.

2 comments:

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

Misty, I love reading your blog! we think so much alike! And Kaden cracks me up! I miss that kid! those phrases had me laughing out loud!

Steve and Sarah said...

That is so funny. Out of the mouths of kids. I love it.