Sunday, April 17, 2011

Take time.....


This was a good reminder for me.  It's not like I have any extra time just layin around, so I need to make the time!
President Benson gave 10 suggestions that can help you teach your children. Each of them emphasizes taking time:
“Take time to always be at the crossroads when your children are either coming or going … whether your children are six or sixteen. …
“… Take time to be a real friend to your children. …
“… Take time to read to your children. …
“… Take time to pray with your children. …
“… Take time to have a meaningful weekly home evening. … Make this one of your great family traditions. …
“… Take time to be together at mealtimes as often as possible. …
“… Take time daily to read the scriptures together as a family. …
“… Take time to do things together as a family. …
“… Take time to teach your children. Catch the teaching moments. …
“… Take the time to truly love your children. A mother’s unqualified love approaches Christlike love” (To the Mothers in Zion, 8–12).

3 comments:

Heather A said...

That was a good reminder. Thanks for sharing. I have been feeling kind of inadequate as a parent lately, so I needed this.

hbuckmr said...

So true. I just need to figure out how to come up with a little more extra time...
I know the pay off will be great in the end.

The Bundy Family said...

Thanks for the reminder Misty. I, too, LOVE to read your blog. WE miss your cute little family. Thank you for the idea about Easter. I really like it and am sure that Ammon will go with it. Thank you, thank you. I don't like feeling that way. Especially, when it come to my husband and our ideas. You are such an awesome person and I am so glad that our paths crossed so many years ago.