Well, it looks like we are going to be moving in the next couple weeks! We signed on a house back in August, but we couldn't sell our current home. So we took our house off the market and decided we would just back out of the new one. We had pretty much stopped even thinking about the new house and we were both fine with staying where we are at.
Then a couple weeks ago our builder contacted us because the walk-thru and closing dates were coming up. We told them that we were going to back out because we couldn't afford the new house. We bought it with the plans to make money on our current house and put all the money down on the new one. Anyway - times must be rough for homebuilders too - because they came WAY, WAY down on the price of the house. They are also paying all closing costs, putting money down, and buying our interest rate down. All in all it is an amazing deal!
All of this happened only a week or so after having Lexie - so I haven't been in the best frame of mind: no sleep, crying baby, raging hormones, etc. So I had a really hard time deciding if this was best for our family. I didn't want to over-extend ourselves or make too risky of a move. Anyway - after a couple agonizing days (thank goodness my husband is patient with me - he already had his mind made up) - we finally decided to go ahead with the new house. We both feel really good about it and several things have fallen into place for us - so we feel it was meant to be.
Soooooo . . . . we are in the process of packing and getting ready to move! We also have to get this house ready to rent. Supposedly the rental market out here is pretty good - so we will rent it for a year or two and hopefully the market will pick up enough to sell it. All of this has been so sudden! But we are very excited. We feel like the new house has room for us to live in it more long-term than our current one. We don't have a definite close date yet (which is driving me nuts - I need to plan my life people!) but we should close before the end of the month.
I don't even have any pictures to post because I deleted all of them - that's how sure we were that we weren't buying it! I can't make any promises with packing, moving, and a 2-week old! - but I will try and post pictures as we go! Anyway - that's our latest!
(Here's the floorplan - we got the extended laudry and the 4th bed/3rd bath upstairs)
http://www.sheahomes.com/cfm/miscellaneous/floorplan.cfm?planid=1546
1 comment:
I am just glad it is official. I can't wait to have you guys closer! Congratulations!
Post a Comment