Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Let Me Hold You Longer

Let Me Hold You Longer [Book]

My mom gave me this book a few years ago and I can't even tell you how much I love it.  Even though it's a kids book - I have never read it to my kids.  I keep it in my room and read it every once in awhile.  And there are a few tears every time. It puts things into perspective for me and reminds me how fast these days will be gone.

I got thinking about this book because Mother's Day is this weekend.  In addition to my mom and mother-in-law, I want to honor ALL of my friends out there who are such great moms!  I feel very blessed to have your examples, support, and just knowing I'm not the only one going through all this.  Being a mom is hard. REALLY HARD!  But this book reminds me of all the wonderful moments I need to cherish.  I wish I could buy a copy for every single person I know that is a mom.

Here's as close as I can get:  This video is by the author.  She gives a little intro and then reads the story while it shows the pictures.  Happy Mother's Day to all you moms.

2 comments:

Layton Clan said...

Beautiful mist. You are a wonderful mom! I love you dearly!!! Happy mothers day to you!!!

Jen

Teri said...

Thanks Misty! I needed that today and cried all the way through it. You are a wonderful mother and I so glad for internet...so we can still kind of be in touch. Our kids are growing up WAY too fast. Love ya.