Thursday, February 3, 2011

Who Knew?

Who knew that such a little thing could make such a big difference?
Mornings with Kaden have been a little rough, to say the least. So we got him an alarm clock and let me tell you.... Best. Thing. EVER!  Most mornings he is up, dressed, hair combed, and shoes on before I even get out of bed!  

(I'm kinda ashamed to admit this.  But a couple days ago I had had a rough night with Kolten and didn't hear my alarm.  Kaden came and gave me a kiss and said he was leaving for school.  I jumped out of bed freaked out that I overslept.  But he assured me he had already eaten toast and yogurt, brushed his teeth, and packed his backpack!  It was cute that he was so proud of himself, but I felt like a big jerk.  Seriously, when did I become that mom?)

All I have to say is thank goodness for alarm clocks! (his, not mine!)

1 comment:

Stacey Mowers and Family said...

Don't feel bad! Make that your new time to get up! That's what I do. :) If it makes him proud..go with it!