Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring Break

Things have been crazy and drama around here lately. Now that things have calmed down a bit - hopefully I can update more often.

Spring break this year was so fun - Matt had time off from ASU and took the whole week off of work! Kaden's spring break was the same week - which worked out great. Matt found a good deal at a resort up in scottsdale - so we took a mini vacation for a couple nights! We had fun swimming, canoeing (is that a word?), going to chucky cheese, the train park, bowling, and just relaxing. Well, maybe not so much relaxing (5 people in one hotel room is a little cramped). And Bailey was maybe the whiniest kid on earth - but we had fun in spite of her:)!



We decided kaden is part fish - he would swim for hours if he could.


Bailey on the other hand just whined and cried that she was cold.






Riding the train






As many of you know - Kaden is weird about his clothes. He has all these made up rules about what he can wear with what - no polo shirts with shorts, only certain things to soccer practice, etc. We had a 30 min fit that morning that I only packed shorts for him. Anyway, this particular day he insisted on wearing his hood all day! And it was pretty warm! Matt and I secretly made fun of him because he looked like the creepy kid on the playground - does that make us bad parents? :)



I made him take the hood off so I could see his face in the picture. He was thrilled as you can see.




Hard to see, but Matt took the kids on a canoe. The hotel backed up to a lake - the kids loved it.



Kaden was hard core - sliding on his knees when he threw the ball!


This was our first time taking the kids bowling - they LOVED it! We will definitely go again! (but maybe leave Lex home next time! she was a little butt!)



It was a fun little vacation - but always good to get home. The kids didn't act too particularly excited while we were there - but apparently loved it. They have talked about it non-stop for the past month. I guess we need to get out more:)!

3 comments:

Steve and Sarah said...

How fun! Kaden is such a crack up. And Bailey in her swimsuit maybe the cutest thing I have ever seen!

Teri said...

I thought that this looked totally fun! You have a great family and I am glad that I know you guys!

Heather A said...

Sounds like a needed break for you all. Glad it went well. I know how you feel about 5 people in a hotel room, when we first lived here, we spent a month in the hotel while looking for a place to live and then waiting for it to be ready for us. You just start to go crazy when you don't have much room to move, and that was only 4 of us!