. . . we have a backyard! I am so sick of having just dirt - it all gets tracked into the house, blown in with the slightest breeze, you get the idea. Plus I feel like a jerk when I tell my kids to go play outside and all they have is a bunch of dirt and some old, broken toys. So we finally got started on our backyard. A HUGE thanks to my brothers Lane and Logan for helping so much. Lane is basically the mastermind behind the whole thing and even drew up our plans in autocad (sp?) which was awesome! Logan and Shayla came up two different weekends to visit and help with the yard. Thanks again, Lane and Log! And all they wanted in exchange was a steady supply of Mt. Dew (which is ALOT with those two!) Kaden was excited that I let him have a "dewski" too.

Kaden helping uncle Logan with the trencher

The trenches were open a couple weeks before we got all the piping in. Sometime during those 2 weeks, my darling children thought it would be a great idea to walk all along the dirt piles - which effectively filled the trenches with dirt! Apparently they have amnesia and forgot the 14 million times I told them not to. So Matt got to spend a whole day digging the dirt back out! I should have got a picture of that - he was not happy, to say the least!
. . . and finally done! we have plans for a sidewalk, extended patio, retaining wall, etc, etc. But all that can wait. Slip-n-slide, here we come!
-----------------------------------------------
of course the project wouldn't be complete without giving Lex her first dewski! thanks lane - just what my baby needs!



Are we sure that's milk in those bottles?


From this . . .
. . . to this. . .
6 comments:
Looks great! I'm so glad for you to have it all in. It'll be so nice this summer for the kids to play in.
That's great! Grass is so nice to have. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!
YEaah. Grass! It has been so windy lately I bet it has been extra dusty! I can't wait to see the finish project, it sounds nice!
I am so excited for you. I was just telling my sister today, how I can't believe I have ever survived a summer without a yard...but I have twice. Anyway, you are gonna love it. At least I am loving mine.
So NICE! We lived in our house for over a year before we did our backyard, and even still its not completely done how we want it! But what a difference grass makes!
I want a backyard that's not dirt! Your little spring break looked fun too. I love reading what you write because sometimes I can almost hear you talking. It makes me happy. Your kids are so cute!
Post a Comment