Friday, October 31, 2008

Birthday Boy

Yesterday was Kaden's birthday. We are just about birthday-ed out around here. It is always crazy having two birthdays and halloween within days of each other. So Kaden turned 5 yesterday. He is so excited to be five - when I woke him up for school. He jumped up and said "Mom, I'm bigger huh. Cause I'm a 5-year-old". Everthing is a competition to Kaden and it just kills him when his friends are older than he is. But he is excited to be 5 now, and "not just a little 4 year old".

He had fun at school - they sang to him and he got to be the line leader. Except he told me later that he had to go to the back of the line after bathroom break because he peeked in the girls bathroom! What?!! I asked him why and he said he wanted to know what it looked like and see what was happening in there. Just curiousity I guess. Maybe I should be upset, but I thought it was kinda funny. Matt was just about glowing with pride. Anyway, after school we just hung out at home and he got to play with his new toys. I asked him what he wanted to do for dinner: I could make something he loves or we could go to McDonald's. I figured that was a no brainer - but he asked to go to the park and have a picnic. Fine with me - pb&j it is! After the park we sang to him, he opened a couple more gift from grandparents, and at cake again - for like the 3rd time this week! All in all it was pretty uneventful - but he said he had a great day! We love you bubba. You are crazy, funny, and a sweetheart. We are glad you are part of our family.

Here's a trip down memory lane of our bubba:


No comments: