Monday, December 3, 2007

What a nightmare!

So we took the kids to get their pictures taken a couple of weeks ago. I try to do one every year near their birthday. Since Kaden's and Bailey's are only a couple days apart - we have to do a double session. Honestly, it's something that I look forward to (because I love getting new pictures) and it's something I absolutely dread. You just never can predict how the kids are going to cooperate. So after rescheduling like 3 times - I finally had a day that we had plenty of time and Matt wasn't working so he could go with me. I would never attempt to take both kids by myself. Anyway - I was kinda expecting Bailey to be difficult (she is 2 after all). But of course, true to typical Kaden fashion, he gave us way more trouble. Bailey did pretty well - but Kaden was a nightmare! And that's an understatement. He was screaming, kicking, trying to rip his clothes off, etc. I have no idea what his problem was. But thank goodness we got a few good shots. We didn't get many shots of the two kids together - which is what I really wanted to send in the christmas cards. But we got one that is ok:
Honestly the only reason we got any shots is because our photographer was so workable. She didn't get impatient or flustered (even though matt and I were about to lose it!) She was trying everything to get Kaden to cooperate. Being a typical boy, the only thing he laughed or smiled at were the words "poop" or "boogers". By the end the photographer was repeating "Kaden - poop and boogers! Poop and boogers!" It was pretty dang funny. I really like the place I go - it's called Portrait Innovations. Just south of the Chandler mall - by the target. Every time I have been - the photographers are very patient and understanding! Anyway - here's some pictures that tell the true story of how our session went:

Thank goodness we don't have to do it again for a whole year!

3 comments:

maelynn said...

Those are so cute! I love that place. I'm glad I'm not the only one behind on birthday pictures...Micah's 4 year old pictures are there next FRiday. I love their outfits and was wondering where you got Kaden's tie. Little ties are so hard to find!

Misty said...

I found his tie at Children's Place. They had several patterns to choose from - but this one was the last "little" one. The rest were for bigger boys. They are hard to find.

Mary Ann said...

Misty...It's Mary Ann.. It has been FOREVER! I am in your parents ward and keep hoping to see you! You have adorable kids! It is so fun to catch up on your blog!!