Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Kaden Moment

Last night when I was putting Kaden to bed we had one of those moments that is just so precious and makes me glad that I'm a mom. The conversation started out somewhat like this:

Kaden: Mom, did you get married to me?
Me: No, I'm married to Dad.
Kaden: Then who am I married to?
Me: Well, you're not married.
Kaden: Why not? (very worried look on his face)
Me: You'll get married when you are older like Dad.
Kaden: But who will I marry?
Me: You will marry a girl that you really love.
Kaden (very sad): But I want to be in THIS family!

Talk about melting my heart! So the conversation turned into a discussion about getting married in the temple and being sealed together. Kaden kept asking what sealed means and how do you explain that to a 4-year-old? So after a few explanations that didn't make sense to him - we finally settled on "It means our family can't be broken". When I said that he got a huge grin on his face and said "You mean never? We will always be together? Bailey too?" It was so sweet. This simple sentence seemed to give him so much joy and sense of security.

And then . . . . Kaden seems to be thinking hard for a few seconds and I am anticipating another deep question and he says "What about the other kind of seal. You know the animal? What color are seals?" What a Kaden comment! And just like that we were onto another subject! This kid never ceases to amaze me.

I'm always grateful for these moments with my kids. All the hard work, worry, and everything else we go through as moms - it makes it all worth it!

1 comment:

Thomas said...

Misty-
That is seriously so cute! What a sweetheart. I'm so glad that we had the chance to play with your kids on Saturday. That was so fun. Merry Christmas!
Mandy