Monday, October 1, 2007

News!


So it has been FOREVER since I have posted on here. Life has been hectic! We have a lot going on and lots of news to share - so hopefully this post doesn't get too long!

Well, the first piece of news is that I am pregnant! We are expecting our third child on March 6th. We have known for awhile and were not going to tell anyone til I was 12 weeks - but I'm too much of a ditz and I kept accidently mentioning things about it. So I am about 18 weeks along and we are having an ultrasound on Friday and will hopefully find out what we are having. Kaden is thrilled to be having a baby! He keeps asking questions all about it - one of his first questions was if the baby could sleep in his room so he could take care of her (he insists it is a girl). And just today he asked "Mom, how did the baby get into your belly?" As I was stumbling, trying to think of an appropriate 3-year old answer he asks "Did you eat it? Is that how it got in your belly?" And then he was onto another subject - so luckily I avoided that conversation. We are all very excited to add a baby to our family. I am more excited now that I am feeling better and am over the first trimester of feeling tired and sick.

So our next piece of news is that we bought a new house! Here's a view of the model:



Ours will look almost exactly like this, since it is the same elevation and color scheme. We just went to the design center a few days ago and here are some of our options:




We are very excited about the new house. It will be nice to have more room - but that's not really the main reason for buying it. We could fit in this house for awhile still, but the time just seemed to be right. Matt and I actually looked at this house probably 2 years ago and fell in love with it - but it was no where near our price range. We weren't really even shopping for a new house - Matt was just looking up floor plans online (something we do fairly often) and happened to see this one again. The price was about $130 thousand less than it was two years ago (in the middle of the "boom"). So long story short . . . we went and looked at it again . . . still loved the house . . . thought about it for a few days . . . and signed on the house! It should be done somewhere between March - May of next year. Which is good because it gives us time to sell our house - but also bad because that is right when the baby is due!

So that is the next issue - trying to sell our house. We have had it on the market for about 6 weeks now, and have had a few people come look (one that seemed fairly interested) but the market right now is awful! It's a great time to buy a house, but a lousy time to sell. It is a lot of work and stress trying to keep a house clean all the time, just in case. I'm just hoping that we are able to sell this house - because if not - we are really screwed! But we are trying to be optimistic and Matt insists that we will sell it - it's just a matter of how much we will make on it. We're keeping our fingers crossed!

Here is our floorplan:

http://www.sheahomes.com/cfm/miscellaneous/floorplan.cfm?planid=1546

Ours has the extended laundry room and the 4th bed / 3rd bath upstairs.



Here's a virtual tour:

http://www.sheahomes.com/cfm/miscellaneous/virtualtour_set.cfm?planid=1546


Hopefully I did the links right and they work!


Well, that's what we have been up to. Hopefully I will be a little better at updating this (although I'm not sure anyone reads it anyway). I enjoy reading all of my friends blogs and they are so good about updating theirs - I figured I was long overdue! Here's some more random pictures of the model:








3 comments:

maelynn said...

I forgot to tell you that I looked up your floorplan the other day! I love it! It makes me want to go look at the model. It looks like you picked out some fun stuff at the design center! I'm excited for you guys! Oh, and of course, congrats on the new baby! When you find out what it is, you either need to call me, email me, or do a blog about it!

Thomas said...

I think I am coveting that house. My favorite part (well I have 2) is the kitchen and the laundry room. That could be your forever house! How exciting! I love it sooo much.

Teri said...

I don't the "the ray" but you know I was coveting your house too...which is pathetic since we are buying a new one as well. I just think your floor plan is soooo cool and different! Love it! Love your master bathroom