Sunday, March 27, 2011

General Conference Tips

I came across this website with TONS of really good ideas and tips for General Conference weekend with kiddos.  I really want to be more on the ball this year and do some prep work to get a few things ready.  We always do conference bingo and I usually have a packet for each kid to do.  Oh yeah - here's a link to Sugardoodle for a few different packets, too.  That first website has SO many cute ideas.....I'm really hoping to not only keep the kids quiet and entertained, but to have them understand the importance of conference and have it be something they look forward to (and not just because it's a day "off" - even though that part is GREAT).  I like the idea of explaining to them that topics are not assigned, that we can try and look for subjects mentioned several times, and to pray for the prophet and general authorities in the days leading up to conference.

Anyway.....just thought I would share.  I'm curious to know anyone else's ideas or traditions for conference?

No comments: