Thursday, April 8, 2010

Projects

Just a few projects I've done the past few weeks. . .

My mom made the girls some darling skirts - so I made some fabric flowers to match.  These things are my new favorite hair accessory - I think they are so darling and so easy to make!  I learned how to do it from my friend Stephanie on her blog Somewhat Simple.


I think this denim one is my favorite - I love it!
Another project we finally got around to is painting the den - Matt did most of it during his spring break.  And I found some curtains I LOVE!  They look ALOT better in real life - you can't really see the print in this picture.  I bought the curtains but they weren't long enough and had a ruffle thing on the top.  So I bought the matching valance, cut it up, and added it to the bottom, then re-did the top. . . blah, blah, blah.  Anyway, I love them!

Kaden had his spring concert (excuse me, I mean PERFORMANCE - Kaden kept reminding me) this week - "A Musical Menu".  He had to have an apron - so I made one just his size.  It's super simple and made from scrap material, but he loved it so it's a success in my book!

Making his apron reminded me of this darling idea I saw and wanted to do.  So I grabbed some dishtowels at the dollar store and made these artist aprons for all my kiddos!  Ok - well, I made one.  But I'll get around to the rest one of these days!
I also made some felt flowers and stitched them onto some flip flops for Bai - but I can't find them for the life of me.  So you'll just have to use your imagination. 

I love having a project to work on - what better or more fun way to procrastinate cleaning toilets or doing dishes?!!

4 comments:

Stacey Mowers and Family said...

I really wish I was crafty or knew how to sew...someday!

Ashley said...

Impressive!

Jennie Gee said...

You have been busy! Love the paint color in your den. The fabric flowers are darling. You are so talented!

Teri said...

Ohhh I love so many of these projects. My favorites are going to be the drapes and those stinkin cute artist aprons. Aubrey would love that...I miss our days sewing together.