I have told a couple people I would share these recipes - so just thought I would post on here and share with all! (and only type them once!)
Zucchini Oat Bread
(from BH&G)
1 1/2 C. Sugar
2 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
2 1/2 C. Flour
1 C. Rolled Oats
1 tsp Baking Powder
3/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
3 Eggs
1 C. Applesauce
1/4 C. Butter, melted
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 C. shredded, unpeeled, Zucchini
1 C. Nuts, chopped
3/4 C. Raisins
Combine 1Tbsp sugar and 1/4 tsp cinnamon - set aside
Mix dry ingredients - set aside.
Beat eggs 2 min until foamy. Add sugar applesauce, butter, and vanilla. Gradually add dry ingredients just until combined.
Stir in zucchini, nuts, and raisins. Pour into greased 9x5x3 loaf pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Bake 1 hour 20 min. Cool in pan 10 min. Cool completely on rack. Wrap and store several hours before slicing.
---------------------------------------------
Tortellini Soup
(from Jennie)
1 lb. mild Italian sausage
1 onion - chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 C. water
2 cans Beef broth (28 oz total)
1/2 C. Apple juice
4 Carrots, sliced
1 can Crushed tomatoes (I use diced)
1 tsp Basil
1 tsp Oregano
1 Zucchini - sliced (I use two - this is my fav part!)
1 yellow squash, sliced
1/2 green onion, chopped
8 oz. cheese tortellini - frozen or fresh
Large pot - brown sausage, drain. Add onion and garlic til tender. Add everything but tortellini. Simmer about 20 min. Add tortellini and simmer 10 more min. Garnish with parmesan.
------------------------------------------------
Wheat Pancake Mix
(Virden Cook Book)
12 C. wheat flour
4 C. white flour (I usually do closer to half and half)
3/4 C. Baking Powder
3 Tbsp. Salt
1 1/2 C. Sugar
2 C. Dry Milk
Combine and freeze (I don't ever freeze mine?)
To prepare mix: 1 C. Mix, 1 Egg, 3 Tbsp. Oil, and enough water to right consistency (bout 3/4 C I think)
-------------------------------------------------
Crunchy Granola
(from Mandy's family cookbook)
10 C. rolled oats
1 C. shredded coconut
1 C. raw sunflower seeds
1/2 C. sesame seeds
1/4 C. wheat germ
1 T. cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 C. oil (I only use bout half this much)
1 1/3 C. honey
1 T. vanilla
2 C. raisins
2 C. chopped nuts (cashews, almonds, walnuts, pecans, peanuts, or a combo)
In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, seeds, germ, cinnamon, and salt and mix well. In a medium saucepan, heat oil, honey, and vanilla til warm (I do mine in the micro). Pour over dry ingredients and stir well. Spread onto 2-3 cookie sheets. Bake at 300 for 45-50 min, stirring every 15 min. Remove from oven and stir in raisins and nuts. Cool well and store in airtight container. Makes apprx 20 cups. *(I add nuts before cooking, because I like mine toasted).
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing, Mist! =) Those look really good! I don't know if you're interested in trying this, but when I mix up the mix for the wheat waffles/pancakes from the Virden cookbook, I usually half the recipe, but instead of using white flour, I put in 5 cups of whole wheat flour and 3 cups of oats. They have a really good texture and are super good that way. Plus, it's whole grains, and who doesn't need those! It just takes a full cup of milk when you are mixing it up because the oats tend to soak up the moisture as it sits...
Anyway, just thought I'd share my little variation on it... =)
P.S. Somehow I missed the dry milk in the recipe. I don't remember seeing it in the one I have... I wonder if my version would still work with it...
How funny, my mom just gave me some zucchini's and said she will try and find me a good recipe for zucchini bread. This one sounds good, I'm going to try it.
Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment