We were able to go to Thatcher and spend Christmas with my family. Some of the highlights were:
*Kaden and Bailey got to be an angel and a shepherd in a live nativity at the Nicholas' house
*The kids "heard" santa walking on the roof and heard his bells. We were listening at the door to their bedroom and we hear Bailey say "Did you hear that?! I heard Santa!!!!" and Kaden replies "Ssssshhhhh!!! Go to sleep or he won't come!"
*Some favorite gifts for Bailey were all her dress-ups, her bike, and her baby doll set. All Kaden asked for was a basketball - so he was more than happy on Christmas morning and loved his new "boy" dress-ups, his lego table, and of course his new basketball. Lex seems to enjoy her one and only gift - her little walking push toy
*We got to talk to my brother, Nick, who is on a mission in Edmonton, Canada. It was great to talk to him!
*All (and I do me ALL) the delicious meals, snacks, drinks, and goodies provided by my mom and Timilie. Everyone ate way too much as usual - it was so dang good!
*Getting to see my sister Monique. At one point we were both laughing so hard we just about peed our pants - no seriously!
*Surprisingly, we got snow! The kids were so amazed by it and Kaden loved playing in it. Bailey was happy to just look.
*Visiting with Sister Stoakes and eating her famous ribs!
*Kaden got to go with Aunt Shayla out to her ranch - he loved it.
*My dad and all the brothers hiking Pickett Post
*Me and Shayla scrapbooking and making hairbows!
*The three little granddaughters with their matching sunday dresses.
*And most of all just spending time with family. The kids and I got to stay a few extra days and it was so fun to just relax and have a break. Everytime I go home I'm reminded of what good examples my parents are. They are both such hard workers and they have their priorities in order. Family and the gospel are the most important things to them. My mom's always so good with my kids - playing games, have dance parties, watching movies, reading books, etc. And my dad is always so calm and quiet with them. They are both good reminders of how I want to interact with my kids. I'm so grateful that Matt and I both have such good parents that help and support us. They are great examples to us. Thank you mom and dad - we had a great time.
So anyway . . . . Here's a few pics . I will post the others when I get them.






3 comments:
We had such a wonderful time! I am grateful for your mom and all of your family for letting us be a part!
Mist! I wish I would have known you were in Thatcher because I was too. Our trip was cut short though, to go see my brother's baby. I thought I saw Matt driving around, the day after Christmas, but we left on the 27th. Lexie and her cousin look a lot alike. So fun!
Hi Misty! I'm glad to find your blog also. We still haven't done our Christmas post yet! We're slackers. Your kids are so cute and your Christmas sounded fun. I had friends that lived in Thatcher and me and a friend visited there once. It was a lot of fun. It was a long time ago, but we had a good time watching Shrek on a cotton gin or whatever they are called! :0)
Post a Comment