Sunday, January 6, 2008

Our Christmas

This christmas was so fun! It was simple and low-key and honestly - the most relaxing christmas I can remember. Matt had to work on Christmas Eve (that's the life of a cop) so we stayed home for the first time this year. We stayed in our pj's all day, watched Christmas movies, decorating our gingerbread house, made goodies, and just relaxed all day. That night the kids opened their new pajamas and hooded towels. They were bathed and in bed by 7:30 I think - that's a record for Christmas eve! Matt was able to stop by for a minute, so he got to see them open their presents and grab some dinner.

Christmas morning was kinda funny. Matt and I both woke up about 6:30 (I don't sleep much this late in my pregnancy since I can't ever get comfortable). Anyway - neither of us could go back to sleep, so I got the video camera ready and we actually woke our kids up! How stupid are we? We both couldn't believe we were doing it. The kids pretty much got everything they wanted (we are counting our blessings that their wants are very small at this point). Kaden's favorite was his new pet guinnea pig, Joey. Bailey's favorite was her baby doll and accessories: bottle, bib, diaper bag, clothes, etc. Kaden was so excited to see that the treats we left for santa were gone (Kaden also insisted that we leave some in a bag so Santa could take them home to Mrs. Clause - he was worried that she wouldn't get any treats). And the carrots we left for the reindeer were nibbled on! He was almost more excited about that than about any presents! It was such a fun christmas morning with just our little family.

Matt was going on about 4 or 5 hours of sleep - he didn't get off work til 1 am. So after all the presents were opened and we had our yummy breakfast casserole, he went back to sleep. The kids and I played with their new toys and just bummed. Later in the afternoon Matt's parents, his sister, and her family came over. We all went to dinner at a cousin's house in Mesa. All in all a very good Christmas!

1 comment:

maelynn said...

So fun to catch up on your blog! I loved the conversation you and Kaden had about being sealed. He is so sweet. It looks like you had a fun Christmas! I can't believe you got him a guinea pig! Don't tell Micah...he will be so jealous! And yes, we are for sure taking Micah to Stephanie's preschool tomorrow! Although I'm sure we'll be late...every week...and therefore racking up the late fees! It takes me 10 minutes just to get to that side of town!
See ya!