Saturday, August 25, 2007

My Poor Baby Girl

So, a couple days ago I took the kids to a birthday party. It was super hot, but I figured no big deal - since it was at the splash pad. The kids were having fun, playing in the water, and playing on the playground. I knew it had to be pretty hot - but figured they were ok because they were wet and because the equipment in supposedly plastic. Anyway - Bailey starts screaming, and I mean really screaming. I run over there and find Bailey with a huge blister. I guess she sat down to go on the slide and got burned! And then went down the slide so she could get down - and ripped the blister off! It looked awful - my poor baby!



So this is what it looked like the next day. It looks so painful! And there's only so much you can do for a 1-year-old who keeps ripping the bandages off. It's gonna hurt her for awhile - she is still limping a bit and sitting funny in her highchair, car seat, etc. It's in such an awkward spot! Anway - I hope it heals soon. I have been so mad about this whole thing - but really don't have anyone to blame - except myself. I definitely won't make this mistake again.

2 comments:

Thomas said...

Are you kidding me? That is so sad. Poor Bailey! AZ is just way to hot, and I am sick of it. Give Bailey a squeeze for us. I'm sorry that happened to you.

maelynn said...

That looks really awful! Poor little baby! I hope it's healing by now...since that was a few weeks ago...I'm just behind on reading friends' blogs!
Haven't seen you in a while...and probably won't that often, now that the wards are changed! We'll miss you guys, so we'll have to keep in touch and get together sometimes!