Saturday, August 14, 2010

Kolten's Arrival

Kolten Rhett McKenzie - born August 4th at 1pm.  Weighed 6lbs 15oz and was 18 inches long.  We are so glad to have him here.  His birth went very smooth - the best of all my csections for sure.  So far, he is a super good baby.  He is nursing really well, sleeping good, and hardly every cries - I just hope it continues!  Matt and I are still in shock I think - that we have 4 kids.  Still seems surreal.  I don't feel old enough to have 4 kids!  It's only been 11 days since he was born - we already can't imagine our family without him, he makes it feel more complete.

In recovery - a few minutes after finishing surgery

Kaden, Bai, and Lex couldn't wait to come see him!
Love this face - this was about the only time we heard him cry

Matt and I could both just stare at him forever 

Ready to leave the hospital!  I think this was my shortest stay of them all.  C-section was Wednesday at 1 and we got to go home Friday morning.

Home for the first time

Kolten and Papa

Kolten and Nana (by the way - a HUGE thanks to Nana!  For staying with the kids while we were in the hospital, buying groceries, cooking freezer meals, cleaning my house, etc, etc, etc.  Thanks mom - love you!)
Kolten with Granpa and Oma

The kids are all fighting over who gets to hold him - wonder how long that will last...

Helping with Kolten's first sponge bath
It is so fun having a new baby in the house.  (Although you forget how hard it can be, even with a good baby.  I will be glad when the postpardum emotional roller coaster is over and when he's not eating what seems like every hour. I will also be glad once things calm down and we can get back to a schedule.  But for now, I'm just trying to enjoy this sweet, sweet baby boy!)

5 comments:

Teri said...

This post made me super baby hungry! He is so cute...all of your kids are. I can't believe he is here and it just makes me feel even worse for how little I have seen you the past year. God bless you guys! So happy for you!!!

campblondie said...

I know I already told you on facebook, but congratulations! I loved hearing the story of it all. Good luck, newborns are hard but so sweet! Enjoy!

p.s. you do have some dang cute kids.

Jordan and Luci said...

YAY! I've been checking your blog every second for an update! Congrats! He's so cute! He makes Lexie look so big. I can't imagine having one already. You are awesome. He is so tiny in his little car seat. Congrats again!

maelynn said...

He is so tiny and sweet! What a cute baby! What cute kids!
Congrats again!

Mindy said...

So glad he arrived safely!! Sure love you!