For some strange reason I was in the mood to sew today. The older kiddos were watchin a movie with Dad and Lex was napping - so I decided to make Bai a quick skirt. I've made lots of variations of skirts for my girls, but I saw this tutorial and wanted to try it. The only thing I changed was adding the ribbon - I thought it needed something more since my fabric was solid.
I love the way it turned out and Bailey LOVES it - she's pretty easy to please. Not bad for a skirt made from my scrap pile!
I saw an idea a couple weeks ago on a blog and I can't find it again for the life of me!!! I wish I could so I could give credit. Anyway - you just take some silky fabric (yep-that's the technical term), cut out some circles of different sizes, and burn the edges with a lighter til they curl up. Then just glue them together and stick on a clip! I love, love, love the way this turned out! So simple and so stinkin cute! Luckily I have lots of different scraps of silky fabric - so I'm gonna make a bunch more!
I'm trying to decide if it's too big? I might make some smaller ones for Lex. . .
It was a fun little saturday afternoon project - what better way to ignore the big stack of dishes in my sink?!!



1 comment:
Way cute! I think it's looks great in her hair like that. You are SO talented!
Post a Comment