I can't believe Lexie has turned 2! It is so fun watching her grow up and see her personality come out more and more all the time. Here's a little bit of journaling for my memory:
- Loves the movie Annie - it is her absolute favorite! She walks around all day asking for "Anniiiieeee"
- Is obsessed with all things Dora- loves shoes, purses, necklaces, and babies just like her big sister
- Is a little cuddle bug
- Wants to be rocked and sung to before going to sleep - asks for "tomorrow" from Annie, "up high" which is Twinkle, twinkle little star, or asks for the Dora song
- Is a very good eater, there are very few things she won't eat. She seems to be a veggie and fruit lover. Those are usually the first things gone from her plate. She is also in love with any sauce - ketchup, bbq, dip ranch, etc. She will dip her food in and lick all the sauce off - til all she's eaten is the sauce.
- Her very favorite food would probably be tomatoes - especially the little grape tomatoes.
- She is very animated and usually pleasant and fun to be around. However - she is hitting her terrible two and starting to throw fits with the best of 'em!
- She is always concerned about how others are feeling and get upset when there is tension. When someone is upset (or just coughing) - she goes and rubs their back and asks "Bubba, Ok? Momma, Ok?" Until she is reassured they are fine.
- Is becoming quite the daddy's girl. Her first question every morning is "Where's Dadda?" Then asks "Sheet ah wuk" (sleep or work).
- She always add your name onto the end of what she says: "ok, momma" "hi dadda" "done, momma" The other day I asked her to do something and she smiled at me and sweetly replied "no, momma." How can you be mad at that?
- Her hair is growing like crazy, something we definitely didn't experience with our bald little bailey! I love Lexie's red - or more auburn hair.
- She loves to color and will sit at the table forever with bailey and color. And she has always held a pencil or crayon the right way - not in her fist like I think is typical for toddlers.- Her newest trick is to push a kitchen chair over to the counter, climb up on the counter, and get into my cupboards. It is so annoying and she does it about 15 times a day!
- When she gets frustrated with me or if I don't understand what she is saying - she sighs really loud and puts her hands on her hips. Sometimes she has way too much attitude for such a little girl.
- She is such a sweetheart and we are so glad she is part of our family!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just some quick pics from the little party we had for Lex - we celebrated on the 28th for our little Leap Day baby. And Kaden reminded us all day that it was not REALLY her birthday and she wouldn't actually be one til the next Feb 29th . . . in 2012. What a dork.
One of my favorite childhood memories was looking through my mom's cake book for hours and agonizing over what cake to choose that yearfor my birthday. Last year my mom gave me her book (which was originally my grandma's) - it has definitely been very used and is held together with tape. I LOVE it!
So anyway - back to the point - Lexie and I looked through the cake books and she chose a gumball cake. When we turned to that one she started yelling "Gum! Gum!" so we knew that was the one!
She got very excited when we lit the candles, but once we all started singing she looked at everyone like they were crazy! It was hilarious.
She got lots of great gifts from grandparents and good friends. Thanks to all those that sent gifts and thanks to HL, Kim, Jen, and Emery for coming to celebrate with us!
Happy Birthday Lex! We sure love you!
-1.jpg)
.jpg)
-1.jpg)
.jpg)
-1.jpg)
.jpg)
3 comments:
The cake turned out great. You're such a good mom. She is a cutie! She is growing up so fast! Makes me miss living by you all!
So fun! What a fun tradition of looking through the cake book. I want to do that with my kids! The cake looked aewsome too! I loved reading about what she's doing because I feel the same way about Jax getting into EVERYTHING! I don't know if two is harder on the kid or the mom...I think I have to go with the mom!:)
So fun! What a cute little girl. =) I love that cake book, too! My mom had one while I was growing up... =) Must be a family thing. =)
Post a Comment