Saturday, December 19, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

We were able to go to Thatcher for Thanksgiving this year and spend some time with my family.  We had a GREAT dinner - I gotta say, my mom knows how to cook!  Seriously.  Especially the rolls, mmmm.  The rest was great too, but the rolls and potatoes are my favs! 

The kids had a great time - they loved playing outside and spent hours in the sandbox.  Kaden got to help papa and Lane on the tractor - not sure what they were doing.  I just know he came in covered in grease.  Ugh - my own fault for letting him wear school pants I guess.

Friday morning I talked  my mom into going to Walmart at the freakin crack of dawn!  Unfortunately that's pretty much the only store there, so it was really crowded and crazy.  But still fun and I got some great deals.  Matt had to go back home Friday morning to go to work - I wish he could have stayed with us.  Later that day I went with my mom, Timilee, and Shayla to see New Moon - it was even better the second time!

Saturday, I got to meet up with some high school friends.  It was fun to get together and visit, and the food was great!  Thanks Luci, Kristen and Jenni - good to see you guys!  Then I had strict instructions to be back in time for tamale making!  I know I'm biased, but my mom makes the BEST tamales!  And they are even better fresh.  All us girls made a bunch of tamales while the boys were out wasting time in the shop, pretending they were building something.  I think we ended up with 10 or 11 dozen!!  And then we ended the night with roasting hotdogs and marshmallows out in the backyard.  It was a GREAT weekend!

Eatin some pie and playing Sorry - one of the hundreds of games we played!

Enjoying some leftovers!


Lex and Neva are good buds.  Lexie is really not attacking her - they were hugging

Lex lovin on Logan and Shayla's new baby, Clancy.



3 comments:

Jordan and Luci said...

It was sooo good to see you Mist! I'm dying to have some of those tamales, so maybe next time I'll come with you:). It's fun seeing all the new pics. I love the ones of the girls with their curly hair! They are so cute!

Danneel said...

Your mom is the best cook I would have to agree - I love that Martha Stewart. Can't wait to eat some yummy food over the holidays. We will miss you!

Heather A said...

Sounds like a good time! I miss being close enough to go and visit often. Take care of those cute kids and have a great Christmas!