Saturday, August 1, 2009

Monique's Farewell

I'm finally getting around to posting pics from Monique's farewell. It was a great weekend - and we are grateful we live close enough to go home for the weekend.



I think Logan was lifting Kaden onto the roof to get the frisbee. We spent most of the day after church outside. My mom hosted a great dinner for a TON of people - so we were glad the weather was beautiful so we could eat outside!



Auntie MoMo with the neices and nephews - Kaden, Neva, Lexie, and Bailey






The stake president came over and was able to do the setting apart at the house - which was so nice! And made it so much easier with little kids!

Then we ended the day with game night and homeade ice cream! Doesn't get much better than that!

I'm proud of Monique for going on a mission. She really had a hard time deciding and I admire her for trusting the spirit and listening to the answers she was given - even when she was a little disappointed with her call (she got over it). She is getting ready to leave the MTC this week and sounds very excited and anxious to teach! She will be an excellent missionary!

4 comments:

Desiree said...

I can't believe little Monique is old enough to go on a mission...gosh, we are getting old. :) Where is she going??!!

Misty said...

She has been in the MTC for about 9 weeks or so - she leaves this week for her mission: St. George, UT visitor's center, French speaking!

campblondie said...

You are so lucky to live so close to your family!

Jordan and Luci said...

Whoah, that is awesome! St. George would be kind of disappointing, but it could have been worse and been Oklahoma:). I am sure she will love it and figure out her mission is tailored just for her.