Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Just some journaling . . .

This may be a little long - so feel free to skip on over it! Not gonna hurt my feelings! :)

Kaden has started Kindergarten and already seems older. On about the 3rd day of school, Kaden comes in and whispers "Mom, I have a secret to tell you. But you can't tell any other girls! Cause that would be embarrasing!" After I promise not to tell he says, "I have a girlfriend!" and he hides his face acting all embarrased. Really? Who is it, I ask. "Weeeeelllllll" long pause. . . "I don't actually know her name. . . . but she sits at my table in school!" Ok, you don't know your girlfriends name? He tells me, "Not yet, but we're gonna be friends!" I am dying by this point and trying so hard not to laugh because he is so serious! He has since told me that her name is Chloe and she is, in fact, NOT his girlfriend. Because him and his friends have to run away from the girls on the playground!

Another funny one was early one morning he came out and said "Mom, I have something to say that you are NOT going to want to hear!" I'm a little worried at this point. "Justin, in my class, HAS 10 GIRLFRIENDS!!!" Really. He has 10 girlfriends? Kaden says "YEah! He told me!" It's funny how fast they pick this stuff up at school - makes me feel really old! Isn't Kindergarten a little young for all this girlfriend/boyfriend crap?

Kaden is also playing football for the first time and he LOVES it! He is one of the oldest in his age bracket of flag football and he is doing really well. He is so proud of scoring a touchdown at both of his games so far! I debated if he was a little young to start football, but I'm glad he's doing it because he feels so successful at it. It's good for him to have a boost of confidence - since he is such a perfectionist and so hard on himself! Without going into too much detail - I'll just say that Kaden can be a tough kid and has been especially challenging lately as we have been dealing with certain issues. But the good thing is I feel like I understand him better than I have before, and am workin hard to help him the best I can! I have always said, Kaden is so extreme and driven and intense - I feel like if I can channel that in the right direction there will be no stopping him! He is a good, good kid and is a great big brother!


Bailey:

This picture of Bailey is SO typical. She loves auntie Monique's pointy black shoes! Bailey is so observant and is very opinionated about what is fashionable. This past sunday she told me "I liked Jen's brown shoes and her hair today. It was curly!" And this is a friend we saw for 10 seconds! Bailey is always the first to notice when I wear a new shirt or have a new haircut. The other day I got ready and walked out of my room, Bailey looked at me and said, "I like your makeup today. But you need lipstick!" Seriously - where did I get this girl? But honestly I love it - at least I know someone will notice new hair, makeup, or clothes. When other certain un-named male persons are oblivious. ;)


A couple weeks ago we were at target and were looking at all the clearance shoes - Bailey disappeared and came back wearing adult size big huge wedges. "These are the shoes I want, mom!" When I told her no, try on these little girl's pink shoes - she came back with 4-inch leopard print heels! And was running in them! She really couldn't understand why I wouldn't buy them. Next we were onto the socks/underwear department. We walked down an aisle and Bailey started screaming "Mom! Boobies! Look mom! Little girl boobies! Can I have them?! Can I?!" Apparently they make padded push-up bras for little girls. And that's what Bailey wanted. No barbie or candy - a pushup bra. And she's 3. Fabulous.


Bailey seems to be enjoying the new school year as much as I am. She steps into the oldest kids role while Kaden is at school. She LOVES helping with laundry. I know - she's insane. I'm counting the days til she can do all of it! She really is so helpful with most of the chores around the house. She loves her dance classes - ballet and jazz. She is so proud to tell everyone she is a dancer. She spends most of the day coloring and playing "mom and dad and kids and baby". Bailey has always come up with the funniest names for her babies. I wish I could remember all the funny names - the two she has stuck with are "Encie and Anka" She carries around her baby, purse, keys, and phone and is happy for hours on end. Well, at least til she wants another snack. This girl is the snack queen and never wants to eat any meals! We're workin on that one! We are doing preschool at home this year and I LOVE it! She loves sitting down with me and doing her workbook pages. She is the personality that this works perfect for her - and it means less running around for me! She knows a lot and has 2 more years til kindergarten - so I'm not too worried.


Bailey is a pretty easy kid - but, boy is she sneaky! She is always getting into things and is smart enough to do it when I'm on the phone, in the shower or asleep. A few weeks ago I wake up at 2am to the sound of my bedroom door closing. I come out to find Bailey sitting at the kitchen table coloring and eating oreos! And she closed the door so I wouldn't hear her! Honestly! I can't even list all the things she gets into - it would take up the whole page! A couple weeks ago my friends Jen was at the house and we were visiting. I sent Bailey in to wash her hands. All the sudden I realize I haven't seen her for a few minutes. We find her in the bathtub, standing up, fully clothed, the water about to overflow, and bubbles EVERYWHERE! She had emptied an entire bottle of shampoo in the toilet. And, I guess decided that was so fun, she ran the bath and emptied more shampoo, the body wash, and conditioner into the water! Oh, that girl! And this is not a rare occurance!


Well, there's an update on Bailey's latest. We sure love her - sneakiness and all!





Oh, our little Lex! She is almost 18 months old and is at such a fun age (if you dont count the whole emptying all the cupboards phase - I need to do a whole post on that, because boy, do I have pictures)! Lex is such a sweet little girl and is so fun. She still has her red hair - which I love, love, LOVE! And is startin to get a little spunk to go with it! That girl has some attitude on her and loves to strut around the house with a purse on one shoulder and a baby in the other arm. She is Bailey's shadow - so its no wonder that she loves shoes, purses, phones, babies, etc etc. Lex is always worried about other peoples feelings - she gets really upset when she sees someone crying - she'll go lay be them, rub their back, it's pretty cute! I am typically not a cryer - but last time I was upset about something, she wanted me to hold her constantly. She would grab my chin and turn it toward her and then just stare at me with a worried look and put her chubby little hand on my cheek! Poor little thing was so worried. Speaking of chubby - she still have her delicious chubby legs! Even though she is getting taller and thinning out - she still have her perma-rolls on her thighs! I love it! She is talking a little bit - mainly just mommy, dada, bubba (which she uses for bailey and kaden), DON'T! is quite a favorite, uh-oh, bye. Overall, she is just a good natured baby! (and yes I call her baby, because I don't want her to grow up!) We just love Lex and really can't imagine our family without her.


3 comments:

maelynn said...

Are you kidding? I loved reading all of that! Your kids are darling!

Thomas said...

What a great post! It's good to hear what you guys are up to. As a sidenote, last time I was at Target we were walking down by the bra section and Ashley announces "Hey Mom, that would look cute on you" (pointing to a rather skanky bra). That wasn't embarassing. It reminded me of your experience at Target too.

Jordan and Luci said...

Ahh, your kids are so funny and cute! I need to squeeze that Lexie, seriously!