Monday, August 10, 2009

Day of Firsts

My first day of having a kid in school ALL DAY!
Although Kaden went to school last year, it was Early-K so it was only half day. Today was my first time having a kid in school all day! I'm sure most moms can relate - I definitely had mixed emotions. I was sad last night - my baby is too little to be in school all day :(! But I was also excited for him and all the things he will get to experience. I was worried because there's so much more I wanted to teach him first - and now I have no control over what he is exposed to all day. I have to admit, I was also happy to only have my 2 girls at home all day. But ready or not, the first day came. . . and he did great!

Kaden's first day of Kindergarten:

Kaden's choice for breakfast - pancakes with whipped cream and berries!



He was SOOO nervous - I love that he was trying to smile


We saw those smiles a little! Lex could tell he was stressed - she kept giving him hugs


Apparently not happy to be standing in line


I think his nervousness somehow seemed to translate to him being very moody!
Poor little things was so nervous and stressed. He was fine until we got to the school - he said "I'm not sure about this! That playground looks too crazy to me. I think we should cancel school and go home." Sorry, not gonna happen. So after we stand out on the playground for awhile, he teacher tells them to line up. All the kids lined up against the wall and all the parents just kinda stood there looking at them - I would be nervous too with 50 people staring at me! As the teacher walked them inside, Kaden walked by and said "Am I even in the right line? I don't know where I'm supposed to go!" He was so worried. Inside, we found his seat, put his backpack away, hugs and kisses and I left. I was relieved that he seems to calm down after I left - yes, I was standing outside peeking thru the window for quite awhile :)! I'm glad the first day is over - my little Kaden doesn't not handle change so well. Once he is used to it, I know he will love it!
A friend of ours made Kaden a little book and it is SO DANG CUTE - I had to share. It's called "Super K":
There was once a boy named Kaden. Super Kaden that is!!! Super Kaden was getting ready for his first day of Kindergarten. He ate his super breakfast. He said his super prayers. He brushed his super teeth and combed his super hair. Starting school is even a little scary for Super Heroes... (and that is super, duper OKAY!) So put on your Super imaginary cape, give your super mom a hug and enjoy your first day of school!
You really have to see it to see how dang cute it is - with pictures in place of some of the words. Thanks, Jen - you are the best! So creative! And perfect for a 5year old boy!
Bailey's First Day of Dance Class

Practicing her twirls!


Bailey's anticipation for dance class has varied - one minute she says she is excited and the next minute she says she's too scared to go! She had a great time and I think will really enjoy dance classes - she is taking ballet and jazz. I asked her awhile ago if she wanted to play soccer like bubba (he started right when he turned 4) or if she wanted to do dance. We can see what she chose - she has no interest in soccer at all! Since we are doing preschool at home this year (which I LOVE!) I wanted to get her doing something to have a bit of social interaction. Being dressed up in a pink leotard and twirling around is definitely Bailey!
It was a fun and exciting day. I'm excited for my kiddos and all the new things they are learning!

6 comments:

Jennie Gee said...

Your kids look so cute and grown up. I wish Landen was going to school w/ Kaden. It'd be fun to have them together again. Hope they both had good first days.

Mindy said...

I can't believe your kids are so big!! I can still remember meeting Kaden at Gma and Gpa's house... =) He was a little toddler at that point! How time flies, doesn't it?

Thanks for the Babywise suggestion. I'll definitely have to look into it!

Mindy said...

P.S. Bailey looks so cute doing her twirls. =)

Jordan and Luci said...

I can't imagine sending Libbi to school all day. How crazy is that! So fun though! Bailey is stinking cute in her little dance outfit too! You guys make cute kids!

Layton Clan said...

Cute cute cute! I have been out of the blogging loop for TOO long. Kaden looks so stinking tall in those pictures - handsome too. And little Bailey, how I love her. You are a great mom! JUST DON'T KILL ANYONE - I love your kids, but am not ready to inherit 3 and become a mom to six! : )

Teri said...

I just loved everything you wrote Misty! Even though we don't keep in touch enough, I still feel like I get you and the way you feel about your kids and life. Thanks for all the words. I am anxious for Aubrey's first day as well.