Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Things that are really fun -

* Driving your daughter to preschool and getting a flat tire
* Not being able to even drive home because your driving on the rim
* Remembering that you left your cell phone at home
* Remembering that you also left your baby napping at home to run to preschool "real quick"
* Changing a tire in front of some strangers house
* Spending an hour changing the tire because you have never actually done it before
* Worrying for an hour that your baby is awake and your sleeping husband doesn't hear her
* Doing all of this in pajamas, slippers, and no jacket . . . and it's freezing
* Getting the spare on and driving home only to realize the spare it flat too! Fun!!!
* Transfering all 4 carseats to the other car to take the spare and fill it up
* Being late to pick up your son from school
* Transferring all 4 carseats back to the van and taking 4 kids to the tire shop
* Being told that it will "only" take a couple hours to get new tires put on
* Entertaining 3 preschoolers (all of who have to go to the bathroom, now!) and 1 cranky baby during naptime
* Having your baby leak out of her diaper and not having any extra clothes with you
* Being told the cheap tires aren't in stock . . . of course not!
* Paying an arm and a leg just for 2 freakin tires
* Coming home and realizing it's time to start dinner and you wasted the whole day on stupid tires! Arrrggghhh!

Just an all around super fun day!

10 comments:

Stacey Mowers and Family said...

Sounds like my life EVERY day! The fun life of moms -- hang in there.

Heather A said...

Sounds like a long day! I guess that happens to everyone now and then! Keep your chin up.

Desiree said...

Super fun is right....what a day. Sorry. But hey, you are due for some good stuff to happen real soon.

Jennie Gee said...

i'm sorry! That does sound like an awful day. Go get a big DP to make it a little better! :)

Jenny said...

That totaly sounds like a really long and miserable day... sorry!

Jordan and Luci said...

I love those kind of days so much!!! That kind of stuff makes me so angry so i'm glad you had so much fun!:)

maelynn said...

Why didn't you call me??
I can't believe you didn't already tell me about this!
How awful! I'm so sorry.
Oh, and your Valentine cookie pops were delish!!♥ Thank you!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

I just typed a super long comment and then my internet went out and all was lost! Now I am too pissed to type it all over, so I will just say this:

Your post had me laughing, and I feel bad I laughed, cause that story really sucks, but you told it so cleverly! (is cleverly a word?)

Anonymous said...

That sounded fun:) Man I will remember my cell phone all the time now, I run off without mine a lot and Jay lectures me! Good on you for learning to change a tire though, I just smiled b/c I think all moms have had a day or two like that!! Hang in there

The Bundy Family said...

That is story is awesome!! And you are AMAZING. I am so glad to hear that other people of those days too. I swear those things only happen to me. All the more reason for me to worship you. You are awesome.
Lisa